Vegan orange and raisin buns recipeFriday, January 27, 2017
I can remember when I've tried to make my first bread without bread maker and it was such a great fun. I love that moment when I take bread or buns out of oven, put them on the racking to cool down and then I can taste my first slice. I love taste and smell of fresh bread and rolls. For me baking is still a very creative adventure, I keep discovering different recipes and ideas every single day. I love replacing traditional non vegan ingredients with healthier solution.
My vegan orange and raisin buns taste bit like teacakes I sometimes buy in the shop but the taste of orange and spices is much more intense.
Makes 6-7 buns
250 grams of white plain flour
100 ml of warm plant milk
75ml of warm water
15 ml of cold pressed/virgin oil ( I've used rapaseed oil for that recipe)
60 grams of brown sugar
6 tsp of orange peel
6 tsp of raisins
2 tsp of mixed spices
1 tsp (3 grams) of dry yeasts
pinch of salt
1. Mix plain flour with sugar,salt and mixed spices.
2. Add about 80 ml of warm milk and start to knead that bread. Make a small hole in a dough and pour the rest of the milk and add dry yeasts. Leave for up to 5 minutes and then add warm water,oil,orange peel and carry on working on dough.
Or you can alternatively use food processor to speed up the process of making the dough.
3. Transfer the dough to bowl and cover with tea towel and leave it to double in warm place for up to 1/2-1 hour.
4.Heat the fan oven/oven up to 180 Degrees C /200 Degrees C
5. Divide the dough into 6 pieces., form small balls and use pin roller to make them flat.
6. Place raw buns on the baking tray and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
7.Take baking tray out of oven and place buns on the racking to cool down.
Enjoy it ...
I know that bread is high in carbohydrates but sometimes I just can't resist creating & tasting some nice buns.
Ingredients for vegan orange and raisin buns
Follow my blog with Bloglovin